Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is
a leadership program
coordinated by Rotary Clubs across the globe. The Rotary Club of Chilton County will provide FULL scholarships and
transportation, for four (4) high school students, to our District's program at Camp ASCCA in Jackson's
Gap, Alabama. It is open to all high school juniors and seniors, whether they are college-bound or not.
If you would like to receive an email when the 2015 application process opens,
open the link below for more information, and our contact information.
Application and related paperwork for RYLA program, Click HERE.
RYLA aims to:
- Demonstrate Rotary's respect and concern for youth;
- Provide an effective training experience for selected youth and potential leaders;
- Encourage leadership of youth by youth;
- Recognise publicly young people who are rendering service to their communities.
Every RYLA program covers the following core topics:
- Fundamentals of leadership
- Ethics of positive leadership
- Importance of communication skills in effective leadership
- Problem-solving and conflict management
- Rotary's purpose and service to the community
- Building self-confidence and self-esteem
- Elements of community and global citizenship